Google CS First
Welcome to the Google CS First Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Google CS First!
- Go to csfirst.withgoogle.com
- Tap or click the Curriculum button
- Scroll down and choose one of the following lessons to explore:
An Unusual Discover
Animate a Name
Create your own Google Logo
- Scroll down and tap or click on the puzzle piece next to step 1 of the activity.
- Watch the videos and follow the onscreen directions
- If you finish one, use steps 1-3 to explore another lesson
Welcome to the TinkerCAD Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to TinkerCAD!
- Go to tinkercad.com
- Tap or click the Join Your Class button
- Enter the Class Code shown here
- Enter your student Nickname
Choose one of the following nicknames: south1, south2, south3, south4, south5
- Tap or click the Learn button
- Tap or click one of the lessons for starts and progress through the lesson at your own pace
- If you finish one lesson, go on to the next lesson and explore in TinkerCAD
Welcome to the Makey Makey Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Makey Makey!
- Gather 2 colors of Play Doh and an index card to use for your controller
- Using the South Links shortcut, open Makey Makey Mario Scratch Game. You’ll be playing it later at this station.
- Carefully follow the step-by-step directions on your station table to create a game controller out of play doh and a Makey Makey.
- Enjoy playing Mario with the controller you just created!
- Explore…what else can you do with a Makey-Makey?
Welcome to the Cubelets Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Cubelets!
Sense – Think - Act
- Use the three Cubelets provided to create each of the following robots:
- Fraidy Bot – A robot that is afraid of you and runs away when it sees you coming!
- Friendly Bot – a robot that comes to you when it senses you are near it!
- Dizzy Bot – a robot that you make dizzy and spins around and around when you come close!
- Use the additional Cubelets to create a robot of your choice
Welcome to the Ozobot Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Ozobots!Opens in a new browser tab
- Complete the Ozobot Bot Camp. This is the packet at your station. You will end with playing a game of bowling with your Ozobots.
- Race your teammates to see who can get their Ozobot to a finish line first. Your team gets to create the start and finish line. What codes will make your robot go faster and win?
- If you have extra time, explore what more you can do with your Ozobot
What can you create?
What problems could your Ozobot help solve?
Welcome to the Clicks Station!
Lego Design and Problem Solving
Welcome to the Lego Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to using Legos with the Design Process!Opens in a new browser tab
- Use Legos to create or accomplish one ore more of the following challenges:
- You were hired by an amusement park to create a new roller coaster
- NASA needs you to build a new Rocket that can go to the moon
- Your parents/guardians want you to design a new home they could one day build to meet the needs of your family members
- You enter a contest to build the a watch tower – It needs to be tall, yet sturdy
- You and 4 friends are stranded on an island. Build a model of a boat you’d use to find your way home
- The county wants you to build a bridge to connect one side of the town to the other
As your team is designing, keep in mind the design process.
Adapted from 30 Day Lego Challenge, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/556335360202651986/?lp=true
Welcome to the Green Screen Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Green Screen!
1. As a team, think of what kind of video you'd like to record today. Do you want to make a weather report, news cast, promotional video, or some other idea? Take 2 minutes to brainstorm your ideas. Use the timer at your station to keep track of time.
2. Using the directions at your station, begin setting up your green screen on the iPad app.
3. Record and save your green screen video.
Today is all about you getting to know the green screen process and software, so don't worry if you're not a movie star :)
Green Screen Directions.docx
Welcome to the Mecanico Station!
Click here to learn more about the different types of engineering and the Mecaniko station!
Every young engineer can build objects from the real world!
This station allows you to use screws, pulleys, nuts, and more, promoting reasoning skills through building simple and complex objects.
- Choose a design card
- Examine the card to see what building tools and pieces you will need
- Design the structure
- If you finish one structure, try building another one!
Harry Potter Coding
Welcome to the Harry Potter Coding Station!
Click here to watch a video introducing you to Harry Potter CodingOpens in a new browser tab
- Open the Kano Coding App on your taskbar (that’s the bar across the bottom of your computer screen).
- Login with the following login:
- Point your wand to the center of your computer screen and press the power button on the top of your wand to connect and re-center it.
- Click on the Orange flashing Circle on your page to take you to the next challenge.
- Follow the on-screen directions.